Richard,

Thank you.  This is what I thought.  I was just confused that my version of RDA Toolkit shows the earlier practice.  I remember at the time of training that we were still using singular instead of plural for occupations, etc., and other practices that gradually changed.

Chris

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Moore, Richard [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] BL Guide to RDA Name Authority Records on BL website

Christopher

The Guide is intended to be " A Guide to Best Practice for RDA Name Authority records in NACO". NACO practice is to use the exact LC/NAF form of name, with parentheses when present. See DCM:Z1, 370 field:

"For jurisdictions or other place names with authority records in the LC/NAF, use the authorized access point form as found. The form of place name in 370 may differ from the form of place name added to a preferred name of place or an access point per RDA and LC-PCC PS instructions."

Cheers
Richard

Richard Moore
Authority Control Team Manager