I think the hi-rez-for-cost-of-low-rez is only for promotional items. Normally the 88.1 or 96 versions cost a bit more. What I like about that store is that they charge according to the length of the issue - if it's short, it's cheaper. I would buy, for example, the Everest remasters, if they offered them.

Eclassical does run great promotions. In recent months, there were bargains on BIS 'box-sets.' I got the complete symphonies of Tubin and Schnittke for  - - a song. Just last week they offered a terrific new album of Gubaidulina pieces for piano, guitars, cello, and bass - $11, 60+ minutes, 88.2. Beautifully recorded.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frank Strauss
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 7:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] WSJ on "High end record collectors"

Hi Tom-another possibility that folks might explore is the relatively new ​ (to the US)​ eclassical dot com.
​  Based in Sweden, so they say.  They offer FLAC at​ ​ ​ 16 bit and 24 bit and also mp3 at 320, all for the same low price, and it is quite a bit lower than HDtracks.  Payment via Paypal.  A fairly extensive catalog, some less well known but highly regarded orchestras/performers.  Also a fair bit of jazz.  I am curious, can you always tell the difference between mp3 at 320 and WAV using high end headphones and a good quality headphone amp?