Cause, in their own way, files are great. They come to you almost
instantaneously - not from a cloud - from heaven. I carp about prices,
but it is miraculous. Doesn't take anything away from the past. I
recently spun Scherchen's Beethoven 1 on an original Westminster LP.
Every bit as musical and communicative as anything on my hard drives.
There's a piece on one of the hifi zines right now titled something
like, "It's not the format that matters." I agree.