The services on the 1500 were:
  - replace playback heads (2-track and 4-track), calibrate & align heads and tape path
  - complete cleaning, lube and mechanical alignment
  - replace counter belts

He (Adrian, the eponymous proprietor) does list motor rebuilding on his list of services, but I don't
know if that applies to Technics or only to Teac/Fostex/Otari/Tascam as advertised on the website.
This was our first time working with his shop, as our previous repair wizard, like so many others,
seems to have left the business.

I'd give Adrian a call.  Based on my (admittedly limited) experience, he seems very knowledgable and
thoroughly professional.

- Aaron