The development of bibframe certainly has some promise, and in theory
migrating the structure of our databases to such a form is long overdue.
 However, I see it as having the same sort of implementation problems that
have beset RDA.

It's being developed in a top down way such that it is being imposed upon
the bibliographic community without a great deal of involvement from the
rank and file catalogers.  And to my knowledge there has yet to be any
serious investment in the project from any ILS vendors.  Without some sense
that bibframe will actually become practical to use for a standard public
library it is going to have a hard time launching successfully.

Jeremy Goldstein
Supervisor of Resource Management
Minuteman Library Network
508-655-8008 ext.222