J. McRee Elrod <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Philip posted:
>
> >Bibframe allows you to include information such as performers,
> >subject headings, timings, etc. in the individual bf:work areas for
> >each individual resource in a multiple-resource collection
>
> UKMARC's field 248 also does that.  Too bad UK librarians did not
> insist on its being part of MARC21.

Those curious about the 248 field, there's some info starting on the bottom
of page 14:
<http://www.bl.uk/bibliographic/pdfs/marcchange.pdf>

If the 248 field made it to MARC21, we'd have the beginnings of the ISBD
hierarchical/multi-level record.  With BIBFRAME and its component
flexibility, that possibility is closer.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota