What approaches can you think of? Which approaches make logical
consistency* easier/harder to achieve ?

Simon
* In classical logics,  a set of axioms is inconsistent under an
entailment  regime  iff it is possible to derive both P and not P.  Other
logics allow for this - see e.g.
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-paraconsistent/