On 1 July 2014 03:41, Mark K. Ehlert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Stuart Yeates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>  My biggest issue (that's not covered in the doc, but which I've already
>> fed to the doc's authors) is that BIBFRAME mandates three-letter language
>> codes, where available, while core RDA mandates two-letter language codes,
>> where available.
>>

> To my knowledge, RDA has no such instruction.  There is RDA 7.13.2
> (Script), where we're told to "expression the language content of the
> resource using one or more of the terms from ISO 15924..." (mentioned also
> under 0.12).

although that in its self is insufficient, esp for Romanisation, where it
isn't possible to identify which Romanisation scheme is being used.

--
Andrew Cunningham
Project Manager, Research and Development (Social and Digital Inclusion)

Ph: +61-3-8664-7430
Mobile: 0459 806 589
Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.openroad.net.au/