On 06/28/2014 01:25 AM, Jody L. DeRidder wrote:
> I just saw this posted on Twitter.
>
> Rob Sanderson is concerned about the ways in which Bibframe does NOT
> worked in the linked data environment, and is trying to effectively
> communicate the issues.  He's asking for feedback:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yyVKeYQkBucZqSoQ2qY17vrER46-S6Tw6lY8uqA5xxQ/edit#heading=h.sp1548qks85h

My biggest issue (that's not covered in the doc, but which I've already
fed to the doc's authors) is that BIBFRAME mandates three-letter
language codes, where available, while core RDA mandates two-letter
language codes, where available.

This requires every app that wants to interoparate BIBFRAME with any
thing else (and indeed any app that wants to compare BIBFRAME language
codes with the language codes on RDF plain-text labels) to have
extensive lookup tables.

cheers
stuart