There is, however, a bit of a problem with writing profiles and their
constraints in RDF -- which is that RDF (and OWL) support inferences,
but not constraints in the usual data processing sense. If you've looked
into the W3C validation work, or the DCMI AP work, you see that there
are points where one either bends the RDF rules, or moves into another
language with different semantics.

W3C validation: http://www.w3.org/2012/12/rdf-val/
DCMI RDF APs: http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/RDF-Application-Profiles
Shape Expressions: http://www.w3.org/2013/ShEx/Primer

The DCMI group is going to be looking into APs from the DCMI point of
view. I'm personally not sure what this is going to require, but in
trying to think through how it might be defined in RDF, I run into
problems, especially with cardinality and anything requiring structure.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net