Jeremy,

Thanks for your comments.  Getting to the point where someone can actually do something has been difficult, but perhaps this next year we will see more possibilities.  We are trying to get some tools out that will be enablers for real experimentation.  We have a testbed project where anyone who wants to try real use of BIBFRAME model can register and exchange information with others who want to do the same.  And Beacher Wiggins, the Director of cataloging and acquisitions here at the Library of Congress, plans to have a pilot project using BIBFRAME next year.

We will be presenting on the tools and plans at the BF session at ALA on Sunday and will try to get information out to the listserv after that.  The future tools work includes a couple of small RFPs that will be open to competition soon.

We also see today that an effort called Libhub has been started that specially involves public libraries.  We are very glad to see different and diverse experiments even as we work to keep the core standards stabile in support.  Every bit will help.

Regards, Sally

Sally H. McCallum

Chief, Network Development and MARC Standards Office

Library of Congress, 101 Independence Ave., SE

Washington, DC 20540  USA

Tel: 1-202-707-5119 – Fax 1-202-707-0115