Note that Linked Data caches work quite differently from the way as it is
known from plain HTTP retrieval. An example how to cache Linked Data
resources is implemented in the open-source software Apache Marmotta
http://marmotta.apache.org/ldcache/usage.html

There is no reason to license linked data access from commercial catalog
providers. All the data should be free and open (another story is licensing
software and paying for support). When using restrictive licensing on data,
catalog linking will not work. This is the reason why many national
libraries are providing authority files by using a CC0 waiver.

Transporting such files which are publicly available through the library
community (and through the vendors' silos) will be easier than ever. First,
with the internet, we have enormous network bandwidth capacities available
for cultural data. Second, with Linked Data Fragments - see also

http://linkeddatafragments.org/

http://www.w3.org/community/hydra/2014/06/20/hydra-welcomes-linked-data-fragments/

you can shovel the data you need very fast into your local system and
prepare it for display or editing.

This is very different from traditional MARC data supply path. You are no
longer tied to tedious file import/export or slow and unstable SPARQL
endpoints. Linked Data fragments may be retrieved once per day, or once per
hour - the target is the real time web, with the help of large aggregating
linked data hubs, to distribute the authoritative information globally at
the highest possible speed and reliability.

Jörg