But isn't this what we all do now with Syndetics content (book jackets, TOC, summaries), pointers to Google books, as well as those from OCA, Hathi, and other sources, and with our link resolvers and knowledgebases.  This is pretty much non-mediated Web-based data that we haul up at the point of display, seemingly with some success.  Is it that we trust those sources that we pay for but not those that are provided as a public service?  Even when the creator/provider is LC, NLM, and other "trusted" bodies?

Charley Pennell
Principal Cataloger
NCSU Libraries