On 1 July 2014 03:41, Mark K. Ehlert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Stuart Yeates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
My biggest issue (that's not covered in the doc, but which I've already fed to the doc's authors) is that BIBFRAME mandates three-letter language codes, where available, while core RDA mandates two-letter language codes, where available.

To my knowledge, RDA has no such instruction.  There is RDA 7.13.2 (Script), where we're told to "expression the language content of the resource using one or more of the terms from ISO 15924..." (mentioned also under 0.12).

although that in its self is insufficient, esp for Romanisation, where it isn't possible to identify which Romanisation scheme is being used.

There's also LC-PCC PS 7.12.1.3, which points to the MARC language code list for terms rather than codes:
<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=lcpschp7&target=lcps7-145#lcps7-145>

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota

--
Andrew Cunningham
Project Manager, Research and Development (Social and Digital Inclusion)

Ph: +61-3-8664-7430
Mobile: 0459 806 589
Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.openroad.net.au/