Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Definition of a Book

For our organization, book purchases are funded by the person/team requesting the book.  Some of the recent requests I have received are for electronic handbooks, not hardcopy, and this has created a grey area when it comes to "who is paying?" The requestor might view this as an electronic document and not a book since it accessed via internet browser or CD.

Ultimately leading me to try and figure out if electronic handbook(s) are considered electronic documents or since the "book" appears in the title, it is therefore a book.

QUESTION: How does your organization define what a book is?

Regards,

Jason Francisco, PMP
TARDEC Technical Information Center
6501 E. 11 Mile Rd.