While people are capturing manuals, may I suggest that the following be
captured. I would prefer capture and local hosting as opposed to linking
to this site as I'm nervous about what "unlimited" means these days
having had Hostgator slap my wrist for distributing orchestral
recordings that I made to orchestra members. They said it appeared to
them I was using the space as backup, which I wasn't.

(a) I have many duplicates of what Tom has, but neither the ilk.org site
nor mine has everything.
http://www.richardhess.net/info/ampex/

(b) There are other assorted manuals at
http://www.richardhess.net/info/manuals/
username: manuals
password: reference

(c) A good deal of documentation on the Sony APR-5000 and APR-24 series
of tape machines is available at
http://www.richardhess.net/info/apr/

(d) Some information of possible use on Studer products is available at
http://www.richardhess.net/info/studer/

(e) Finally, I don't know if this will be "permanent" but I would
suggest capturing the entire site of Studer manuals. I have.
I don't know if I'd repost these, but rather link to them, but if they
disappear then you'd have your own cache.
ftp://ftp.studer.ch/Public/

There are many other items of interest available online, but for who
knows how long. One that comes to mind is the Bell System Technical
Journal. http://www3.alcatel-lucent.com/bstj/

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/
is a massive collection of both technical and business publications. I
have no idea how long that will stay up or who is behind it. I think
it's private.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Richard