The AES Historical Committee's website is also chock full of resources and links:
http://www.aes.org/aeshc/

The page is not optimally organized, but it's worth a deep dig.

There's also a ton of stuff scattered around Archive.org, including Audio Device's publications and
many older issues of the SMPE and SPMTE Journals. Archive.org is notoriously poorly organized, so
deep digging is required. I have also uploaded things there, including three or four issues of the
Tape Recorder Annual Directory, published by Audio Devices. I think I also put an Accurate Sound
catalog from the 70s up there.

There's also the guy who has scanned and PDF'd a bunch of vintage audio magazines (NOTE THE FACT
that he has gotten ZERO take-down notices, showing that copyright paranoia is not needed in the
world of antique audio, since this stuff has no monetary value in digital form).

Also don't forget the small but valuable archive of RCA Victor materials at the Sarnoff Library's
website.

There are also plenty of resources on the more eccentric corners of audio and video -- for instance
8-track tapes, LaserDiscs and Quad records and tapes.

Like many people with paper archives, I don't have the time or patience to scan all of it. And I
don't have the budget, time or patience to manage a website. I wish Google would get interested in
this kind of thing, as interested as they are in scanning all the most obscure books. I wouldn't
mind a bit if Google wanted to display ads on pages where people could view scans of schematics and
manuals in my files, as long as anyone could view (and download, and print) them from any web
browser at no cost. Think of how useful a Google search result for "Western Electric magnetic
cartridge" would be if it got you right to original documentation and photos, rather than hundreds
of audio chatboards speculating on how a WECO playback system would sound through their horn
speakers!

-- Tom Fine