One of the nicest place to celebrate our nation's birthday is the Ausable Club in St Huberts, NY.

http://www.ausableclub.org/

The club holds a massive public fireworks show each year, allowing the riff-raff such as I to spread
blankets on their lush golf course and enjoy a Grucci-style extravaganza of explosions and light.
This year, I brought my Zoom H4n recorder. This file captures the last few minutes, including the
massive finale:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55748706/2014%20Fireworks%20-%20Ausable%20Club.wav

the cannons are about front and center. The initial explosions are overhead, with a first echo off
trees and buildings to the right and a long wave of echo to the left as the airwaves rush down the
valley and over Lower and Upper Ausable Lakes toward the lower slopes of Mt. Marcy, NY's rooftop.

Enjoy!

-- Tom Fine