I would assume that the "rule makers" are refers to  the LC Policy and
Standards Division (PSD) [ formerly known as CPSO], which is a subunit of
under the Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate (ABA) , which
is under Library Services (LS):

*PSD* BTP *ABA* BTP *LS*

BIBFRAME was mostly  developed under the Network Development and MARC
Standards Office (NDMSO), which is a subunit of the Technology Policy
Directorate (TPD), which is also under Library Services (LS);

*NDMSO* BTP *TPD* BTP *LS*

It is possible that the committee memberships listed for the various
bibframe sub-committees are misleading, but there seemed to be very few
members from PSD.

Simon