Hi Karen,

Yes, the query in the UC doc is one of the many, many possible ways to
encode a title using the current vocabulary.

There is, in English rather than SPARQL:

* Work with bf:title ( http://bibframe.org/vocab/title.html )
* Instance with bf:title
* Work with bf:titleStatement (
http://bibframe.org/vocab/titleStatement.html )
* Instance with bf:titleStatement
* Work with bf:label ( http://bibframe.org/vocab/label.html ) N.B. look at
the example here
* Instance with bf:label
* Work with bf:workTitle of a bf:Title
* Instance with bf:instanceTitle of a bf:Title
* Work with bf:titleVariation of a bf:Title
* Instance with bf:titleVariation of a bf:Title
* Instance with bf:abbreviatedTitle of a bf:Title
* Instance with bf:keyTitle of a bf:Title

* Multiplied by two ways to get from Work to Instance (bf:hasInstance,
bf:instanceOf)

* Multiplied by the matrix of title-string-holding attributes of bf:Title:
  * bf:Title uses bf:titleValue alone
  * bf:Title uses bf:titleValue and bf:subtitle
  * ...plus bf:partTitle, bf:partNumber, bf:titleAttribute,
bf:titleQualifier
  * bf:label could also be used instead of bf:titleValue

And this without translation, transliteration or the other complexities
introduced in the thread's discussion.

Notes:

* Presumably one could have a HeldItem/HeldMaterial with a title different
from its Instance, if someone physically modified a particular copy.  This
isn't in the model at the moment, but thinking in an archival way rather
than library way I don't see why not.  I leave this as an exercise for the
reader.

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson