Ford, Kevin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > e.g. Paris : Gauthier-Villars; Chicago : University of Chicago Press,
> 1955.
>
>  Yeah, I knew this would come up pretty quick.

There are other hairier variations too.  Here's one that brings up an
additional question:

 New York : Knopf : Distributed by Random House, 2000.

From: <http://lccn.loc.gov/99040733>

Since the name of the distributor is encoded in a separate 260 $b from the
name of the publisher, also 260 $b, is there any mechanism built into
BIBFRAME's transformation engine to distribute these into their respective
bf:publishedBy and bf:distributedBy slots?

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota

the swift course of time." -- Shakespeare, "Two Gentlemen
of Verona," Act I, scene iii