While acknowledging the enormous difficulty of this translation, I'd
like to add a +1 to what Karen wrote (I was starting to write the same
thing :)).  And I'm sure Karen meant this as well but just to be more
explicit, we need to make sure that the intention and meaning we had
originally is still valid, that there is no better way of expressing
that intent currently, and that we use the the most appropriate way of
expressing that intent in the new language.

As a means of communication, BibFrame will need to find a way of
recording the intentions of various communities and sometimes those
subtleties make less sense outside of that context.  For instance, the
distinction between bf:title and bf:titleStatement. To me, a bf:title
can be almost anything, taken from any part of a resource or even made
up by the person creating the data because there wasn't a title.  Some
cataloging rules require that you use a transcribed title from a clearly
defined place in the resource (that's what the bf:titleStatement is
for).  To a cataloger, this is a valid distinction.  Without questioning
the validity of making such a distinction (at least not yet :)),   what
is the clearest most appropriate way of making this distinction?

Philip

--
Philip E. Schreur
Head, Metadata Department