 > Since the name of the distributor is encoded in a separate 260 $b from
 > the name of the publisher, also 260 $b, is there any mechanism built
 > into BIBFRAME's transformation engine to distribute these into their
 > respective bf:publishedBy and bf:distributedBy slots?

-- Not at present, but thanks for the specific example! We're not crazy
about having to build in these types of exceptions, but we also
recognize the inevitability.

Quick question:  When one encounters something like this, is it safe to
assume that it was distributed from New York also in 2000?

Yours,
Kevin