From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of LAURA DAWSON
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 3:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] BibFrame and Linked Data: Identifiers

I think it depends on any individual organization’s mandate. But I just know that IMDB has had to purge this sort of information because of complaints from actors/actresses and/or their agents. I agree that it’s more a societal problem than a data problem. But until that problem is rectified, there’s the potential for people not to get work; it’s a question of protecting the discriminated while the discriminators presumably are being dealt with.

(They’re not, though.)