Karen,

I completely agree.  I think that Adam and I were using the subfields as demonstrating the particularly egregious nature of bf:Title in straight translation from MARC without ( much / any? ) additional modeling work.
The 100 vs 773 example is also a great point, as (I assume) both of those would become bf:Person.

In order to determine the right way forwards regarding bf:Title, having a set of use cases and requirements would be great.  There are clearly particular descriptive properties that are needed for a title, such as might populate the relationships between transliterations, translations, main vs sub vs part, etc. and having all of those in one place to assist with the decision would make that go much more easily.

Rob