I would assume that the "rule makers" are refers to  the LC Policy and Standards Division (PSD) [ formerly known as CPSO], which is a subunit of under the Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate (ABA) , which is under Library Services (LS):

PSD BTP ABA BTP LS

BIBFRAME was mostly  developed under the Network Development and MARC Standards Office (NDMSO), which is a subunit of the Technology Policy Directorate (TPD), which is also under Library Services (LS);

NDMSO BTP TPD BTP LS

It is possible that the committee memberships listed for the various bibframe sub-committees are misleading, but there seemed to be very few members from PSD.

Simon

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 4:34 PM, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'm a little confused-- who are "the rule makers" to whom you are referring?