On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Gordon Dunsire <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

So I can say that it is the intention of the FRBR Review Group to express the model using OWL cardinality constraints. The automatic identification of "sameAs" instances of Works and Manifestations by reasoners will be useful, for example, in applications that bring together FRBR-conformant data from multiple local sources. It may well be useless or harmful to other applications; I think it is up to the application. I repeat, if there is anything wrong with this, please (anyone) let us know!

HasKey axioms and InverseFunctionalProperty are also  more general ways of inferring equality/inequality.

Also, the use of Q restrictions on classes should eliminate a very large number of properties from the frbr/er.

Simon