And becomes more complex with language specific tailorings ...

On 28 July 2014 07:22, Stuart Yeates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'm somewhat worried by the informal use of the term "alphabetical order" in this thread. In the pure-UTF-8 world of RDF, there exists a thing called the 'Unicode Collation Algorithm'
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/ and it's much, much, much more complex than things usually implied by the term "alphabetical order."

There are very good reasons for this complexity (outlined in document above); if there's anyone who thinks that some of those reasons don't apply to BIBFRAME, I'd love to hear them.

cheers
stuart

--
Andrew Cunningham
Project Manager, Research and Development (Social and Digital Inclusion)

Ph: +61-3-8664-7430
Mobile: 0459 806 589
Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.openroad.net.au/