2) Mark Twain wrote The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
3) Samuel Langhorne Clemens wrote the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

4) "Mark Twain" is shorter than "Samuel Langhorne Clemens".
#5) Mark Twain is shorter than Samuel Langhorne Clemens.

6) "Mark Twain" contains 9 letters.
#7) Something containing 9 letters wrote The Adventures of Huckleberry
Finn.

8) "Mark Twain" is a name used by Samuel Langhorne Clemens.
9) Samuel Langhorne Clemens is a Person.

-----

Is it possible for there to be some thing which is both a name and a
person?
 On Jul 9, 2014 8:14 AM, "Ford, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> However the definition of a Bibframe Person as it stands is a
> “Controlled personal name”, not a person as such; foaf:Person is defined
as
> “A person” which does implicitly suggest that "bf:Person != foaf:Person".
-- Agreed.  Two things here.  One, I can envision the definition of
bf:Person changing (to what, I could not tell you, but the current
definition seems narrow to how I think of bf:Person).  Two: while the
second point is an intentionally technical point, we want it clear that
we've made no such assertion explicit and that to suggest otherwise is to
interpret beyond what has been stated at the vocabulary level.  I'm not
saying that your assessment of the definitions is unreasonable, but that
there is a way to assert (or not) this type of statement at the vocabulary
level and we've not done that.

Yours,
Kevin

--
Kevin Ford
Network Development and MARC Standards Office

Bibframe
> Authority actually is. I confess, for example, that I find the formulation
> “Resource reflecting key authority concepts that have defined
relationships
> reflected in the Work and Instance” rather confusing. The response below
> says that ‘Furthermore, nowhere is it ever asserted that "bf:Person !=
> foaf:Person"’. However the definition of a Bibframe Person as it stands
is a
> “Controlled personal name”, not a person as such; foaf:Person is defined
as
> “A person” which does implicitly suggest that "bf:Person != foaf:Person".
> recall I think that the original specification of FRAD for instance
treated a
> name as a separate entity to a person, although perhaps not quite in this
> sense. Do I have this wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>
> ---