Thanks!

Actually, we already have done some “flattening” by converting EAD components to MODS (for example: http://oasis.lib.harvard.edu/oasis/component/hua13014c04206.xml  and it’s display version: http://oasis.lib.harvard.edu/oasis/component/hua13014c04206.html )  Follow the links at the bottom of the display version “Parents” to see open the related levels.

There is also this: communities can stick to their own standards, can’t they, and just use BIBFRAME for exchange?

Kate

Kate Bowers

Collections Services Archivist

617.496.2713

voice: (617) 384-7787

fax: (617) 495-8011

web: http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:hul.eresource:archives

Twitter: @k8_bowers

Harvard Library  |  Harvard University Archives  |  Pusey Library—Harvard Yard, Cambridge, MA 02138    archives.harvard.edu

[log in to unmask]" alt="signature_huarc-small">