All,

I remember reading an article that argued in passing that the early EAD user studies with poor results confused the EAD as a data display standard instead of a data storage/transfer standard, and that if the finding aids were unusable the fault lies more with the stylesheet or other display method.

I’m in the midst of finishing an article draft and I wish to cite this passage, yet I can’t seem to find it amongst my collection of EAD articles. Does anyone happen to know which piece mentioned this?

Thanks,

Greg Wiedeman

Project Archivist

University at Albany, SUNY