From: Clark, Nancy
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 10:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Federal Library Checklist - Please Participate

Dear Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to participate in the "Federal Library Checklist" survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7TLXR7T>.  The Federal Library Checklist was developed by three senior VA librarians as a blueprint for success for medical librarians in the federal sector and was presented as a poster at the Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association in May 2014.  The Checklist serves as a metric to assist librarians with refreshing their competencies, skills and abilities, and to align their knowledge management aptitude with their organization's strategic objectives for optimal return on investment.  The checklist is available at: http://www.va.gov/library/FederalChecklist.pdf.

The objective of the survey is to determine the usefulness of the Checklist, the categories, and the resources outlined for each category. The survey is anonymous and should only take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. The survey will be open until July 31, 2014. We encourage you to share the survey with medical librarians at your facility and other federal agencies.

The data collected in the survey will be documented and shared in a follow-up article to support novice and seasoned librarians with a keystone to success and assist with their quest for federal excellence.

If you have any questions about this survey, please contact Nancy Clark, Director of the VHA Library Network Office via phone (214-857-0379) or email ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Thank you for your contribution to this important survey and we wish you the best for your future endeavors.

Very respectfully,

Nancy, Conny, and Teresa

Nancy A. Clark, MLS
Director, Library Network Office