> Von: Paul Urbahns <[log in to unmask]>

> Before they used microphones in a studio and they still used horns on a
> recording device, they would often run more than one cutting machine,
> usually from both sides of the room. Much like primitive stereo miking.

This is wrong.  In order to get a good acoustical recording, the
performers needed to group tightly around the recording horn,
frequently on risers, to get their voices and instruments as
close to the horn as possible.  In the case of bands, the
softer instruments were in the first row and the louder ones
were in the back row.  What would you get if you put another
recording horn *behind* this arrangement?

I think what you're thinking about is the early days of
cylinder recording, before the "gold moulded" duplication
process.  In that case, the recording engineers would
frequently group several recording machines tightly in
front of a performer, since each record was an original
and no copies could be made.  But disk records were
designed to be copied from the start, and so there was
no need to do this.

Mit einer kostenlosen E-Mail-Adresse @t-online.de werden Ihre Daten verschl├╝sselt ├╝bertragen und in Deutschland gespeichert.
www.t-online.de/email-kostenlos