Back to Outlook on W7, everything looks fine except for Shall, which I formatted as italic underline. I see the word unformatted with shift/dashes on either side.  But seen in Thunderbird, the word is underlined, no italic, but with the lines on either side.

The word we was formatted bold, which shows in Thunderbird, but not in Outlook. Wacky.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carl Pultz
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2014 8:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Text reformatting

Just for the heck of it, here is a note with copied (reply) text from the list, composed on my ubuntu PC using the Thuderbird mail client.
Unicode encoding and the client auto-detects delivery format - the default settings.

Besides ignoring some spaces and return elements, Roger's mail also has that funky way of replacing quotes and other characters with strings of different characters, like we see from - er - Apple products. I would guess that his mail thing isn't using standard ASCI or whatever code.

Here is the shift/number-keys sequence: !@#$%^&*()_+

Let's see how this message "makes the grade." _Shall_:;<*we*>?

{}[]|  \test