Morning Corey,

We decided not to list comments about cleaning lacquers to keep customers who did not need this product or the additional instructions from wasting their money & both their time & hours.  It's just human nature that many customers  want to do everything possible for their recordings even when the extra costs& efforts are not needed.

The Disc Doctor's Lacquer Cleaner [originally labelled as The Disc Doctor's Augmented Cleaner] is a modified solution of  our Miracle Record Cleaner that includes an unfortunately expensive, high purity, biological grade buffer.  Excessive palmitic acid deposits from decomposition of the camphor binder can over whelm the buffer capacity of the MRC & reduce it's effectiveness.  The addition of the added buffer greatly increases the capacity to solubilize the palmitic acid.  Quite often this modified cleaning solution & the regular cleaning procedure is all that is actually needed.

Excessive deposits can require variations on longer contact time [standing or with a 2nd application of the brush mid -way through the soak time ~10-15 min] but so far a repeat of the regular procedure with the MRC after a cleaning with the Lacquer Cleaner & before the rinse has been most effective for more stubborn deposits.

The LOC will be using the Lacquer Cleaner for a project that may already be underway & I'm looking forward to learning how they are fairing.  I'm hoping to hear from them so that I can try to make further suggestions if appropriate & make their efforts more efficient.

The variations on apply, soak, with or without the reapply, have often been sufficient to deal with paper & insect/rodent contamination.  Issues not uncommon to improperly stored shellac & vinyl discs.

We have also prepared a concentrated wetting solution using a potent, high purity, non-ionic surfactant to make it easier to use our applicators & cleaning solutions with the Keith Monks & Loricraft record cleaning machines.   The solution is supplied in a soft-sided eye dropper bottle fitted with a tip that dispenses 20 drops/mL & is used as 10 drops/gallon of purified water for the rinse step.  This corrects for the poor rinsing that can occur following complete removal of cleaning fluid from the groove by the highly focused vacuum of these machine.

I hope this is useful, regards,

Duane Goldman

On Aug 9, 2014, at 2:37 AM, Corey Bailey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Duane,
>
> As a user of your cleaning solution (who needs to order more), I both use it professionally and recommend it to clients.
>
> That said, I just checked out your website and I didn't see anything that addresses Jeanette's question directly. Did I miss something or should the procedures outlined in your "Record Cleaning Instructions" work. The only real difference that I could see from my approach to insect debris, would be that I will allow the cleaning solution to soak a bit longer than usual to soften the enzyme laden debris.
>
> If you have a specific approach to the problem, please share.
>
> THX
>
> Corey
> Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
> www.baileyzone.net