A Hefty Challenge for IRENE: Working with Delaminating Lacquer Discs

Over the past few months, NEDCC's IRENE system has successfully recovered audio from a wide range of formats and conditions. One of our most difficult assignment to date has been delaminating lacquer instantaneous discs.

Thanks to a loan by the New York City Department of Records and the New York Public Radio Archives during our pilot project, we've been able to conduct experiments with a large collection of delaminating lacquer discs which cover the full spectrum of failure.

READ MORE...
http://www.nedcc.org/audio-preservation/irene-blog/

NORTHEAST DOCUMENT CONSERVATION CENTER
Andover, MA