>I completely agree.  Place of publication is a relationship of the
>publisher entity.

That can change over time.  SLC was founded in 1979 in North
Vancouver, and moved to Victoria in 1990.  Our print publications'
(now replaced by electronic ones) place of publication changed in
1990.  It would be complex to have an authority to provide the correct
place of publication for a particular manifestation based on year.

Place of publication is important information for manifestations, and
is a property of the manifestation inhand or onscreen, not of the
publisher.  Its core status in any particular set of rules is
irrelevant.

Isn't "Provider" in the subject line ambiguous?  It could mean
publisher, manufacturer, distributor, or even jobber.  It has been
replaced as a label in Biframe has it not?