On 8/5/14, 11:18 AM, Denenberg, Ray wrote:

> Karen, in your example
>

> a bf:IdentifierDescriptor ;
>
> **bf:identifierScheme*
> <*http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/identifiers/lccn
> <http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/identifiers/isbn>*> ;*
>
> **bf:identifierValue*
> "**http://lccn.loc.gov/65026236**" ;*
>
> The third line should instead be:
>
> **bf:identifierValue*                                "**65026236
> <http://lccn.loc.gov/65026236>**" ;*

Ray, I thought of that, but I wasn't sure whether it would be "
65026236", as it appears in the MARC 010, or the compressed form that
you cite.

In other words, what is the valid form of an LCCN that has not been
converted to the form used in the LC "Permalinks"? The MARC
documentation defines a form with a prefix area followed by the number.
Will that be acceptable as a value in bf:identifierValue? (Not a
question that has to be answered today, but one that will come up
eventually.)

kc

--
Karen Coyle