I'm not sure how I can understand this. From my non-cataloger perspective, I understand you see a manifestation/instance that is published "once". But this is just a monographic publication. What about others?

There are many events in the lifecycle of a work that describe the process of "putting the work to the public", such as

- on-line publication (or other electronic publishing)
- preprint deposit
- postprint deposit
- acceptance date of final version
- date of adding errata
- date of publishing unchanged edition (in german "Auflage")
- for reappearance in multiple serial publications: dates of publication of volumes, issues, supplements etc.
- licensing: date/period of availability due to license terms and conditions of the publisher

Many of this events are essential to library service systems which have to determine if the work is available (for purchase, for licensing, for cataloging, for reference, for circulation, for inter library loan etc.)

So in Bibframe, the idea is really that for every event listed above a new instance must be created?

Jörg