The hybrid approaches proposed in the "radical" version of this thread are
intriguing; just to return to the original proposal for a moment:

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Ford, Kevin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> <http://example.org/1> a bf:Instance,
>      bf:publishedBy [ a bf:Organization ; bf:label "Hamlyn" ] ;
>      bf:publishedAt [ a bf:Place ; bf:label "London" ] ;
>      bf:publishedOn "1966" .
>
> You can imagine 3 each for manufactured*, distributed*, produced*.

Could a new transcription property (e.g., "bf:transcribedForm" or
"bf:appearsAs") just be added to bf:Authorities, so we have something like:

bf:publishedBy [ a bf:Organization ; bf:label "ArĂ¡ndano (Firm)" ;
bf:appearsAs "ArĂ¡ndano, S.A." ] .

This could make for a clearer linkage between strings and things and maybe
mitigate potential ambiguity around bf:label.

Tim

--
Tim A. Thompson
Metadata Librarian (Spanish/Portuguese Specialty)