The International Council on Archives Expert Group on Archival Description (EGAD!) is working on a conceptual model for archival description. One of the primary objectives of this work is to position the archival community to be able to take advantage of semantic technologies, including Linked Open Data.

If you are interested in knowing more about the work of EGAD, please see

Gretchen Gueguen, Vitor Manoel Marques da Fonseca, Daniel Pitti, and Claire Sibille-de Grimouard. "Toward an International Conceptual Model for Archival Description: A Preliminary Report from the International Council on Archives’ Experts Group on Archival Description." The American Archivist. Vol. 76, No. 2, 2013. pp 566-583.

You will find the article in Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish here:

http://www.ica.org/13851/egad-resources/egad-resources.html

Daniel