Thanks so much for following up on this, Sharon.  I think this is great that we'll give this a try, and here are some thoughts for a very minimal display.  I hope those with more visual flair will chime in!

1.  Design of display: I think that everyone should make sure their book can be propped up, i.e. if your state's book is not a hardcover, you should bring something that can prop the book up so that nothing is lying flat on the table.  The Junior Leaguers can rotate the books around to give different books the front row at different times

2.  Signage: First of all, if this display is in a booth (rather than a table out on the periphery somewhere) it should have an identifying banner just like each of our booths will have.  If the title on the list of books is Great Reads About Great Places, then the banner should say Great Reads About Great Places.  (I don't know if it's too late for the LOCCFB to order such a thing.)

Secondly, there should be several copies of the map around the table and maybe one taped to the front of the table.  I volunteer to show up at this table on Saturday morning with tape and scissors.  Or maybe Anne can enlarge the list onto an 8-1/2 by 11" sheet and put it into a holder?

Thirdly, about identifying each state's book: how do we feel about each state putting their sticker on the corner of the front cover?  Or if that is still too cryptic, an Avery label with the name of their state on it?

3.  Giveaways: I vote no.  People will stop by the table because there will be a colorful melange of book covers to look at.

4.  Staffing: I think the wonderful Junior Leaguers are capable of saying, "There are all the books that the states chose for the list on the back of the map" and "Sorry, display purposes only, you can look but I'll need to put the book back when you're done."

It hasn't been the practice to have these books on sale at the NBF, but maybe next year we can start that tradition.

Thanks again,
Mary
California