Perhaps we’d be better off dumping the word “serial” altogether *in cataloging* and just distinguish between “periodicals” and [monographic] “series.”

PS: the term “monographic series” is redundant if you consider all series to be represented by monographic catalog records.

Cheers!

John G. Marr

DACS

Zimmerman Library

University of New Mexico

Albuquerque, NM 87010

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**

                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but sharing is permitted.