Dear colleagues

We are implementing RDA original cataloguing soon and I would like to know whether the usage of relator codes (#e) with authors, editors, corporate bodies, etc. is mandatory in RDA? We feel that it is sometimes superfluous (like #eauthor) but would not like to contravene mandatory RDA guidelines. If it is mandatory, could I please have a reference to present to my "critical" colleagues. I have been unsuccessful in finding a clear guideline thus far.

Thank you and kind regards.

Annette Ingram (Cataloguer & trainer, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa)