From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Annette Ingram
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Relator codes

Dear colleagues
"
We are implementing RDA original cataloguing soon and I would like to know whether the usage of relator codes (#e) with authors, editors, corporate bodies, etc. is mandatory in RDA? We feel that it is sometimes superfluous (like #eauthor) but would not like to contravene mandatory RDA guidelines. If it is mandatory, could I please have a reference to present to my "critical" colleagues. I have been unsuccessful in finding a clear guideline thus far.

Thank you and kind regards.

Annette Ingram (Cataloguer & trainer, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa)