Dear colleagues

Another question from the tip of Africa please! I know that the AACR2 "Rule of 3" does not apply any more, but I have a problem with choosing the "main access point" (which we use to build our shelf number) when there are three or more authors. We decided to use [and others]when there are more than three authors (should we use it for three also??) and wonder if the person mentioned before the [and others] is a 100 or a 700 access point. In AACR2 it would have been a 700, but in RDA? Editors are no problem because they are 700s, right?

Thanks for your help and opinions.
Kind regards.
Annette Ingram (Cataloguer and trainer, Merensky Library, University of Pretoria, Pretoria