Your link takes me to "authority records" instead of Bibliographic records.  Can you provide a similar link to Bibliographic records?
Thanks
Martha Powell

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Robert Bratton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello Annette,

Here are the PCC Guidelines for the Application of Relationship Designators in Bibliographic Records:

http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/rda/PCC%20RDA%20guidelines/Relat-Desig-Guidelines-AUTH-Final.docx

Two highlights"

"Include a relationship designator for all creators, whether they are coded MARC 1XX or MARC 7XX.  If the MARC  1XX is not a creator, the addition of a relationship designator is optional though strongly encouraged.  Add a relationship designator even if the MARC field definition already implies a relationship.  Relationships should be coded explicitly and not inferred from MARC or other parts of the record.

Guideline 9.  PCC highly encourages including relationship designators for all access points whenever it is clear what the relationship is."

Robert

--

Robert Bratton

Cataloging Librarian