Hi Deborah, I doubt this answers your question, but there used to be an
LC-PCC PS at 6.30.3 which specified only LC practice (not PCC), which was
deleted October 9, 2012. It stated:

*LC practice: When identifying an expression not already represented by a
name authority record, do not add another characteristic to differentiate
one such expression from another expression (e.g., do not differentiate one
2011 English version of the Bible from another 2011 English version of the
Bible). Other elements in LC’s bibliographic record (e.g., date) are
available to the user for selecting a specific expression if desired; RDA
0.6.3
<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp0&target=rda0-503#rda0-503>
allows
differentiating characteristics to be recorded as separate elements or as
part of the authorized access points. If there is a name authority record
with an authorized access point for an expression that includes an
additional characteristic LC would not have added, use the form of the
access point in that authority record; this action is consistent with the
LC/PCC policy of using authorized access points in existing name authority
records."*

Under this PS, PCC practice was pending the outcome of the PCC's task group
on access points for expressions. This mirrors the more general policy
statements for LC practice and still-pending PCC practice found under the
LC-PCC PS at 6.27.3 for expressions and 6.28.3 for expressions of musical
works.

Matthew

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Robert Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>  Note, however, that the proposal being considered does not directly deal
> with the question of whether the date is part of the authorized access
> point or not. It clarifies that the date to be recorded is the date of the
> expression, not the date of the manifestation. It does not deal with
> whether this date must be included in the authorized access point (which
> would be more of a policy question).
>

> Robert L. Maxwell
> Ancient Languages and Special Collections Cataloger
> 6728 Harold B. Lee Library
> Brigham Young University
> Provo, UT 84602
> (801)422-5568
>
> "We should set an example for all the world, rather than confine ourselves
> to the course which has been heretofore pursued"--Eliza R. Snow, 1842.

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger
102 Butler Library
Columbia University Libraries