Hi Deborah, I doubt this answers your question, but there used to be an LC-PCC PS at 6.30.3 which specified only LC practice (not PCC), which was deleted October 9, 2012. It stated:

LC practice: When identifying an expression not already represented by a name authority record, do not add another characteristic to differentiate one such expression from another expression (e.g., do not differentiate one 2011 English version of the Bible from another 2011 English version of the Bible). Other elements in LC’s bibliographic record (e.g., date) are available to the user for selecting a specific expression if desired; RDA 0.6.3 allows differentiating characteristics to be recorded as separate elements or as part of the authorized access points. If there is a name authority record with an authorized access point for an expression that includes an additional characteristic LC would not have added, use the form of the access point in that authority record; this action is consistent with the LC/PCC policy of using authorized access points in existing name authority records."

Under this PS, PCC practice was pending the outcome of the PCC's task group on access points for expressions. This mirrors the more general policy statements for LC practice and still-pending PCC practice found under the LC-PCC PS at 6.27.3 for expressions and 6.28.3 for expressions of musical works.

Matthew