Please excuse any duplication; this announcement is being sent to multiple lists.
You are invited to participate in the PREMIS Implementation Fair, a workshop held in association with the 11th International Conference on Preservation of Digital Objects (iPRES2014) in Melbourne on October 6, 2014.
The event will:
- give an overview of PREMIS
- explore enhancements in PREMIS version 3, including changes to the data model and enhanced descriptions of environments
- discuss what conformance to PREMIS entails
- consider challenges of implementation.
As always, the Implementation Fair is a fabulous opportunity to:
- give implementers of the PREMIS Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata an opportunity to meet with one another and discuss implementation issues
- get information on the latest PREMIS updates, tools, and Editorial Committee activities
- share information about projects, problems and solutions.
If you are a PREMIS implementer who wants to share information about your PREMIS implementations or have issues to discuss please contact us. We would welcome any presentations, but would encourage a focus on challenges of implementing PREMIS or novel ways of utilising PREMIS. If you are interested, or would like further information please get in touch with Eld Zierau [[log in to unmask]] and Peter McKinney [[log in to unmask]].
To register for the workshop go to the iPres 2014 website: http://ipres2014.org/.
PREMIS Editorial Committee
Peter McKinney |
Digital Preservation Policy Analyst | Information and Knowledge Services
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa
Direct Dial: +64 4 462 3931 | Extn: 3931
Cnr Molesworth and Aitken Streets | PO Box 1467, Wellington 6140 |
The National Library is part of the Department of Internal Affairs